Prepaid cell phone are a brand new style for people buying a phone. People can only pay cash for this phone without any billing records. Thus, it can protect owner's privacy successfully. However, government found that many crimes also were caused. Therefore, many people debate about whether prepaid cell phones should be banned or not.
In my opinion, Prepaid cell phones should be prohibited for several reasons. At first, criminals use it covers their tracks because of anonymity. In addition, it's a hot news that such phones also have been associated with suspected terror activity. The offenders had used a prepaid cell phone to purchase a car to hide the bomb. They try to bomb the time square. Nowadays, government uses "ID" to manage residents effectively and safely. But, prepaid cell phones make "ID" useless. People's safety is threatened by the increasingly criminal rates, and safety is one of the most important things for people. Government should put citizens' safety in the first position.
To sum up, prepaid cell phones are a new way which could help buyers to keep privacy. Nevertheless, the risks outweigh the benefits. If I needed to make a decision between safety and freedom, I will choose safety.
I agree that the prepaid cell phone will cause a lot of risk, but I still believe that the benefit will outweigh the risk.
ReplyDeleteHi, Tim
ReplyDeleteI don't agree with your opinion. I think you just consider the criminal use of prepaid cell phones. Why not consider some good use of it?